Nonviolent Communication - Beginners Course
learning and embodying a new language
Nonviolent Communication can be a tool to communicate in full honesty and with compassion to ourselves and others. This course is where I will share the beginner steps of what I believe is a beautiful language of life. I will share tools that will support you in listening to yourself and others, expressing yourself and making requests, and understanding more about your feelings and the needs behind those feelings.
In this beginners course, I have the intention to address the following topics:
- becoming aware of your thoughts and feelings
- getting to know the message behind your feelings
- learning how to navigate conflicts
- speaking with yourself in a compassionate way
- getting clarity about what is important for your
- practicing to ask for what you want
- expressing and receiving a "no"
- the art of listening empathically to yourself and others
- being radically honesty and in deep empathy at the same time
If you want to read more about Nonviolent Communication, you can follow this link.
July 6th, 2021 - August 31st, 2021
9 session course
09:30 - 12:30 (CEST)
This online course will be held using Zoom. Before the start of the course, you will receive practical information about how this works.
This course is experiential. This means that I invite you to work with each other on the topics that we engage with. We will practice through demonstrations, exercises and role-play, both in the big group as in couples or smaller groups. The purpose of the course is for us to learn, practice and integrate the NVC principles and language into our daily lives. I recommend you to practice with a buddy in between the sessions.
The course will be limited to 16 participants *. In my experience, this group size creates opportunities to practice with different people and, simultaneously, an intimate and safe space to share our authentic and vulnerable self. The course will be taught in English. However, I expect there to be enough Dutch-speaking participants for you to be able to practice in Dutch.
* In case there are less than 8 participants for the course I will cancel the course no later than 7 days before the course is planned to start. In that case I will refund the prepayment within 2 weeks of the cancelation announcement.
- Before starting the course, you will receive an email with practical information and an overview of the 9 sessions.
- After every session, I will send you a summary of the session.
- The sessions will be recorded and available for participants to view (not for download) until 1 month after the last day of the course.
- There is no required reading before the course.
My intention is to be inclusive. Aligned with that, I offer this course using a sliding-scale fee based on income and free choice.
For the 9 sessions online course, I ask for a contribution on a scale from €150 - €300 *
* I wouldn’t want money to prevent you from learning NVC. Asking for money is my way to care for the sustainability of my contribution to the world. I want to have a sense of mutual giving. The money supports me energetically to be balanced and keep my heart open and increase my capacity to give. Also, it helps me in meeting my practical stability (money). If the contribution I ask would prevent you from joining, I strongly encourage you to contact me to look for a strategy that works for both of us.
To register for the course, please follow the steps below:
1. Send me a prepayment * of €60 via Paypal. When making the transfer, please mention your "full name" and "NVC Beginners Course" to help me easily identify you. You can use the following ways to make the payment:
Paypal account: (Tamara Catharina)
* To register, I ask for a non-refundable prepayment. The rest of the payment can be made within a week after the course ends. This way, you will know what you pay for, so that the amount is more based on how you appreciate what I offered. If you want to pay earlier, you are welcome to do so. If you change your mind within 7 days after sending the prepayment (and at least 7 days before the course starts), you will receive your prepayment back.
**If you don't use Paypal, please contact me for other options.
2. Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Phone number (including country code)
And let me know if you have any questions or things you would like me to know before the course starts.